CLICK ON NEWS TAB FOR INFO ON HOW TO GET YOUR FLU VACCINE THIS YEAR.
CLICK ON THE NEWS TAB FOR INFO ON HOW TO GET YOUR COVID VACCINE.
Please click on the 'News' tab and select 'News Letter' to read latest guidance from the Scottish Government on how things will operate in General Practice from 19th July 2021.
*The NHS in Midlothian is under pressure and we need your help.*
It might feel as if the world has stopped due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) – but for us as GPs, it hasn’t.
We are still here for you if you need us.
To help keep everyone safe we are limiting the number of people coming to our surgeries.
If you can, try the self-help guides at NHS Inform to see if you can treat yourself before you call us.
The guides are free and have clinical advice on many conditions from Allergies through to Warts, as well as Coronavirus (COVID-19). They are written and approved by the clinical team at NHS24 – the same team that support you out of hours.
If you still need to contact us you will notice a few changes because of the current COVID-19 social distancing and infection control guidelines:
- If you are ill with a temperature, new cough or loss of smell/taste, please DO NOT COME TO THE MEDICAL CENTRE. Follow the government advice about staying at home and phone 111 if you feel very unwell or breathless.
- Most appointments will be by PHONE or sometimes video. Please do not attend in person unless you have been specifically told to do so.
- We do have face to face appointments available. The clinician will advise if they feel they need to see you face to face.
- Most annual reviews are postponed. Some annual reviews have re-started and you will be contacted for your appointment with the practice nurse.
- If you need urgent medical advice, PHONE us and we will call you back.
- Home visits can still be arranged if clinically appropriate.
- Prescriptions should be ordered online, and can be sent to a local pharmacy for you to collect.
- Sick notes will be posted out.
- PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE MEDICAL CENTRE IN PERSON FOR QUERIES - ALWAYS PHONE FIRST.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Our practice is in Pathhead village and covers a wide area including the outskirts of Dalkeith, Pathhead and Gorebridge in Midlothian across to Pencaitland in East Lothian and down to Heriot and Oxton in the Borders.
We have a range of staff including GPs, Nurses, Community Pharmacist, A physiotherapist, Community Mental Health Nurses and The Wellbeing Team. Together we offer a range of treatment and support including:
- Screening programmes and monitoring of long term conditions
- Sexual Health and Contraception
- Vaccinations and Immunisations
- Maternity and child health
- Minor Surgery and treatment of injuries
- Travel Advice
If you need to talk to one of the team make an appointment here
(Site updated 17/09/2021)