CLICK ON NEWS TAB FOR INFO ON HOW TO GET YOUR FLU VACCINE THIS YEAR.
CLICK ON THE NEWS TAB FOR INFO ON HOW TO GET YOUR COVID VACCINE.
Please click on the 'News' tab and select 'News Letter' to read latest guidance from the Scottish Government on how things will operate in General Practice from 19th July 2021.
We are open and ready to hear from you if you need us.
But if you can, try the self-help guides at NHS Inform to see if you can treat yourself before you call us. The guides are free and have clinical advice on many conditions from Allergies through to Warts, as well as Coronavirus (COVID-19). They are written and approved by the clinical team at NHS24 – the same team that support you out of hours.
- If you are ill with a temperature, new cough or loss of smell/taste, please DO NOT COME TO THE MEDICAL CENTRE. Follow the government advice about staying at home and phone 111 if you feel very unwell or breathless.
- If you need other urgent medical advice, PHONE us and we will call you back to assess and advise as needed. You can be seen for assessment if this is clinically needed.
- Home visits can still be arranged if clinically appropriate.
- Routine appointments can be booked in advance and may be by PHONE or sometimes video, but we also have face to face appointments available (please do not attend if you have any COVID symptoms).
- Annual chronic disease reviews have re-started and you will be contacted for your appointment with the practice nurse in due course.
- Prescriptions should be ordered online, and can be sent to a local pharmacy of your local preference.
- Community pharmacies can also provide advice and medications for a range of minor illnesses, including antibiotics for uncomplicated urine infections and skin infections without the need for a prescription.
Our practice is in Pathhead village and covers a wide area including the outskirts of Dalkeith, Pathhead and Gorebridge in Midlothian across to Pencaitland in East Lothian and down to Heriot and Oxton in the Borders.
We have a range of staff including GPs, Nurses, Community Pharmacist, A physiotherapist, Community Mental Health Nurses and The Wellbeing Team. Together we offer a range of treatment and support including:
- Screening programmes and monitoring of long term conditions
- Sexual Health and Contraception
- Vaccinations and Immunisations
- Maternity and child health
- Minor Surgery and treatment of injuries
- Travel Advice
If you need to talk to one of the team make an appointment here
Follow us on Facebook for all the latest surgery news, health information & resources direct to your newsfeed. This information is updated weekly.
(Site updated 19/11/2021)