COVID VACCINE UPDATE
The practice has now completed all first dose covid vaccines for all patients aged 75 and over and those in a shielding group. Housebound patients will be contacted by the Health & Social Care Partnership. Patients under the age of 75 will receive a letter from the health board to book into the large clinics outwith the practice.
If you are in the under 65 at risk group and you have not had a letter then you need to call the COVID helpline to find out if your condition is on the at risk register 0800 030 8013 or visit NHS inform.
We are waiting to hear what will happen with patients over 75 and those shielding who missed their appointment at the practice. As soon as we find out where and when you can get your vaccine we will advertise this.
*The NHS in Midlothian is under pressure and we need your help.*
It might feel as if the world has stopped due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) – but for us as GPs, it hasn’t.
We are still here for you if you need us.
To help keep everyone safe we are limiting the number of people coming to our surgeries.
If you can, try the self-help guides at NHS Inform to see if you can treat yourself before you call us.
The guides are free and have clinical advice on many conditions from Allergies through to Warts, as well as Coronavirus (COVID-19). They are written and approved by the clinical team at NHS24 – the same team that support you out of hours.
If you still need to contact us you will notice a few changes because of the current COVID-19 social distancing and infection control guidelines:
- If you are ill with a temperature, new cough or loss of smell/taste, please DO NOT COME TO THE MEDICAL CENTRE. Follow the government advice about staying at home and phone 111 if you feel very unwell or breathless.
- Most appointments will be by PHONE or sometimes video. Please do not attend in person unless you have been specifically told to do so.
- Most annual reviews are postponed.
- If you need urgent medical advice, PHONE us and we will call you back.
- Home visits can still be arranged if clinically appropriate.
- Prescriptions should be ordered online, and can be sent to a local pharmacy for you to collect.
- Sick notes will be posted out.
- PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE MEDICAL CENTRE IN PERSON FOR QUERIES - ALWAYS PHONE FIRST.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Our practice is in Pathhead village and covers a wide area including the outskirts of Dalkeith, Pathhead and Gorebridge in Midlothian across to Pencaitland in East Lothian and down to Heriot and Oxton in the Borders.
We have a range of staff including GPs, Nurses, Community Pharmacist, A physiotherapist, Community Mental Health Nurses and The Wellbeing Team. Together we offer a range of treatment and support including:
- Screening programmes and monitoring of long term conditions
- Sexual Health and Contraception
- Vaccinations and Immunisations
- Maternity and child health
- Minor Surgery and treatment of injuries
- Travel Advice
If you need to talk to one of the team make an appointment here
(Site updated 02/03/2021)